We have some exciting news to announce! There is a new member in the Schutz family! Tyson picked out this firey red male Beta fish when we went "pet shopping" with his friends. (Long story short...we were "pet sitting" a fish and a frog for our friends...the frog went belly up...not our fault...we bought her a new frog...Tyson got a fish.) Trev is holding out for a snake. He's going to be holding out for a LONG time!
"So, Ty, what are you going to name your fish?"
"I have to think about it. Hmmmm. Maybe fishy. No. That's too boring. Red? No. Lava? No. I know! I have the perfect name for him! RED FOOP FOOP!"
"What? Red Foop Foop? That is interesting. How did you come up with that name?" I asked.
"Well, he's red and he does loopdy loops in the bowl. And Foop rhymes with loop!"
Trevor liked the name and thought it was funny and cool! (Most likely because foop also rhymes with poop. Ha!)
Several days go by and Tyson has told many people about his fish and what he named it. People respond with the expected, "What? Red Foop Foop? Where did you come up with that one?"
As I was tucking him into bed one night, he had tears in his eyes. "I think I have to give Foop a new name. No one likes his name. Everyone laughs at it. I guess I have to name him Max or something."
"I think Red Foop Foop is the perfect name because you created it all by yourself! It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. You can name him anything you want. I've never known another Red Foop Foop! I think that makes him pretty special! I love that name!"
"Ok! His name is Red Foop Foop because I like that name and he is my fish!"
"That's right Ty! I love his name! And I love you!"
So, don't make fun of his name people! :-)


2 comments:
We LOVE the name! We think it's a perfect fit for such a perfect fish. Good job, Tyson!!!
From: Uncle Pete, Aunt Lori, Madie, Noah, and Olivia
Good job, Ty! We think that's a very cool name for a very cool fish!
Post a Comment