Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Day 1 of Grade 2


Trevor started 2nd grade today! He is in Mrs. Noble's class along with all of his friends from last year. His class is smaller, so there is only one 2nd grade class.


He was not nervous at all! He was excited to see his friends and play at recess!


Tyson and I couldn't wait to pick him up from school. Trevor was waiting with his buddies Sam and Luke. Tyson missed him so much!


Here are several of the 2nd graders from St. Peter! Trev says it is going to be great year and that he is going to love 2nd grade!

I cried this morning saying good bye to him! "Bye, Mom!" he yelled as he ran out of the van and headed toward the building. I was so proud of him for not hesitating or being worried. I just can't believe this is that little baby boy we so gingerly brought home from the hospital. I used to spend countless hours just rocking him and staring at him in amazement. I still think of him as that little toddler that crawled around in his Batman jammies, wearing his "goo-goo goggles" and playing with his "weedy weeder". He is growing up so fast.

Oh, the days seem so long, but the years are short!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, Jill!
Trev looks like such a handsome young man in these pictures!!! I'm glad he's off to a great school year! Give them both a "squeeze" for me! :)
Leah

Anonymous said...

I was thinking the same as Leah when I looked at the blog today.
Trevor looks so much grown up and a handsome young boy. Years do fly by. Love you all.
Grandma Barnett

Lori said...

Oh. So sweet! They definitely grow up too fast. Give him a hug from us and tell him we hope he absolutely LOVES 2nd grade!!

Marc & Amy said...

I thought exactly the same thing-- Trev is so HANDSOME!!! It DOES seem like yesterday he was wearing the Batman pj's, pushing around the crib in the hotel room in San Diego, laughing so much when Marc mispronounced the word "black" for "blick". ha! I love those boys!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing the pictures of the first day. Almost like being there. He is so grown up. Nana